FixMeStick Review : Does it Really Work?
In the present times all sorts of malware infections, Trojans and viruses are spreading at an alarming rate. These lead to instances related to scamming and identity thefts as crooks get unauthorized access to millions of PCs worldwide. Well, there is no need to panic as there is no dearth of anti-malware programs that can play a major role in getting rid of the exploits.
The malware can take complete control of your PC and won’t permit Windows to boot up. In the worst-hit scenario, even the best anti-virus program will not be able to function in the right manner.
In such cases, there can be nothing better than getting rid of the malware by running multiple, optimum anti-malware programs that do not use the Windows. In some of the booting from a Linux CD with an effective anti-virus program can prove to be of great help. But many users might not be able to resort to such means as they do not possess the skills required for creating a Linux-based malware elimination tool.
Read on to find out the better solution that will be able to take care of your worries in an unbelievable manner.
Fixmestick: What is it?
Fixmestick is a Linux-based bootable USB drive. It is pre-loaded with three highly effectual malware removal programs. There is no need to install any sort of additional software on your PC. The best part about Fixmestick is the fact that it is Hardware-based. It plays an effective role in removing trojans, spyware, rootkits as well as malware.
You can run this hardware device on your PC and you can get rid of all the infections on your PC or Mac. But you need to pay attention to the fact that Fixmestick is not a replacement for anti-virus programs.
What Will You Get in the Package?
You will be receiving the package in the form of a box which looks good. When the piece is running you get to see a red light atop.
How does the FixMeStick Functions?
You need to pay attention to the fact that most of the antivirus programs out there in the market are basically software tools. These run effectively and protect the Windows from different kinds of spyware, malware, viruses, and trojans while your PC is running.
On the other hand, FixMeStick is basically a virus removal hardware device that will be running before Windows for the purpose of the removal of malicious software. You cannot take things lightly as when the malicious software gets your PCs Windows, it will be practically impossible to carry out its removal while Windows is running.
As a matter of fact, government security agencies and Independent security experts are laying a lot of emphasis on the usage of hardware tools for cleaning the infected PC before Windows starts running.
The best part about USB based anti-virus hardware like FixMeStick is the fact that it is bootable, unlike regular anti-virus software. This amazing device is capable of scanning your PC from a cold boot.
It is a far better substitute in comparison to Live CDs/rescue-Disks which require some specialist knowledge.
What are Features that Separate FixMeStick from Usual anti-virus software?
- The capability of scanning systems with the help of an updated virus database of some of the well-liked Anti-viral tools.
- The capacity to perceive viruses that surpass the active anti-virus software on file.
- It is able to connect and notice automatically to available wireless or cable networks for updating virus engines before scanning.
- The capability to scan computers from a cold boot. This tool plays a crucial role in combating stealth malware and viruses running while the PC is on.
- This hardware device works using the basic system need and there is no need to install any other software. All that you will need is 512 MB.
Why do I need it?
Macs have gained so much market share, they’ve become a target for malware. For example, the Flashback virus infected around 1% of the world’s Macs – yikes!
Viruses that get past anti-virus can be impossible to find or remove after the fact. A computer virus is like a double-agent or mole inside your system – it’s in a position to circumvent security software, making it hard to find
How to use FixMeStick?
FixMeStick is nothing like the usual anti-virus utility apps. These require a download to work. On the other hand, this smart device makes the use of the USB port of your computer. Cold Boot Method can fix major issues in terms of fixing your PC.
- Just plug in the FixMeStick device to your PC’s USB port. After this, you will have to boot to the bios setup screen.
- Visit the start-up or boot priority. Now you will have to choose a USB drive.
- The next step is to press F10 for the purpose of saving and exiting the bios setup screen.
- Now, all that you need to do is pursue the FixMeStick on-screen instructions for scanning and fixing your PC.
From Active Desktop/Warn Boot:
This method is used by most of the computers and it is integral for routine scanning or deep virus elimination.
- Start by connecting the hardware device to your machine’s USB port.
- Click on auto-run prompt or on the drive letter from Mac OS X/Windows explore Finder and use the executable file for the purpose of launching.
- Organize the necessary alternatives and permit the smart scan to run.
- Get a 30-day trial for $9.95
- Get a 1 year home license for $59.99 (3 PC license and unlimited scans – for Windows)
- Get a 1-year pro license for $299.99 (unlimited PCs / Windows installs and unlimited scans)
In Case of crisis
By now this thing must be crystal clear to you that FixMeStick can play a major role in rescuing you from the instant emergency of a malware infestation. You need to use it next to a regular antivirus (the one that will give you real-time protection against new infestations). There is no denying the fact that FixMeStick will deal with the urgent problem. But this does not mean that you will not be requiring a regular antivirus.
Some of the amazing benefits of FixMeStick are listed below:
- USB-based antivirus
- This tool uses scanning engines from GFI/VIPRE, Sophos and Kaspersky.
- This hardware device is easy to use.
- You will be able to carry out a complete undo in case a problem arises.
- You will be able to use remote-control tech support, if needed.
Some of the disadvantages associated with FixMeStick are listed below:
- This device will not be able to disinfect virus-infected files. It is capable of only quarantining them.
- This hardware device is not capable of handling malware traces in Registry.
- Alleged elimination failed to avert more than a few detected rootkits from running.
After going through all the information given in this article you will be able to make up your mind. The best bootable media solutions are the fact that these do not leave any scope for dealing directly with the host operating system. At the end of the day, if you have to get rid of a virus and you are not able to carry out the boot into your operating system, then there can be nothing better than FixMeStick. Opt for smart solutions to make your life simple.