You must have experienced some breakages or damage during your working out projects at home or even in the office. Sometimes it puts you off in case something gets broken and you have to fix it. Get Bondic today!
With the emergence of a variety of glues suited to fix a variety of different devices, it makes it tiresome to choose what glue is suitable for fixing a particular type of damage.
Be it at home or at your workplace, you would have dropped something and wondered how to fix them instantly without being noticed! You might have used duct tape as it is the easiest way to repair things, however, the tape is quite visible.
Yes, we are aware that this small task is not very easy and though there are many products which promise a quick fix, very few of these products do the job well. It can be tough to select from the wide variety of options that are presented to us. Also, some of the glues available might not fix certain things.
But, there is a new entrant in the market that ensures all damages and broken things get fixed instantly. The product Bondic is a formula that gets dried up the instant it is exposed to the sun’s UV rays. The manufacturer claims that Bondic isn’t glued.The formula is a clear liquid that helps in fixing almost anything.
Once you buy this product and use it, you will never purchase any other product. Our review on Bondic will take you through the features, benefits and pros and cons of this product. So read on to know more.
What is Bondic?
Bondic was founded in Germany by Dr. Thomas Offerman, a German Dentist. This amazing product has received the award of Retailers Choice as well. Bondic is liquid plastic welder which is handheld and has a special liquid formula that transforms anything into plastic in just 4 seconds, once it exposed to UV light. It can be used for fixing broken things made of plastic, low voltage wires, fabric, glass, etc.
Once the liquid has been used on a product and the product gets exposed to the ultraviolet rays for 4 seconds, the glue dries up. It is efficient and a great alternative to superglue because superglue can be sticky, messy and also does not fix things permanently.
Bondic does not just fix broken things but it makes them stronger too. If you use more liquid, the bond becomes stronger. However, superglue will not have a similar effect. Bondic is the best option to patch up small holes, frayed fabric and also zipper seams.
Features of Bondic
Remember that Bondic is not a glue. Bondic is liquid plastic welder which makes use of a special adhesive that bonds only under UV light. There are some amazing features of Bondic which make it unique and special:
- Easy to clean – If you want to bond any two materials, they must be cleaned up well. Now, the materials will have to be cleaned in every corner possible, and this would need a sharp tool. This tool is provided in the Bondic package. The material has to be cleaned before you apply Bondic. You can use a paper towel to clean the materials and you do not need any special cleaning materials.
- UV Light – The Bondic Liquid Welder package includes UV light, which has been designed to ensure the liquid substance solidifies and transforms into plastic quickly. Once the liquid substance is shaped, you can use the UV light to dry it up and bond.
- Versatility – Some glues can fix only specific product materials. However, Bondic can be used on any material – wood, plastic, fabric, toys, glass, ceramic, etc. It is a versatile product. And it dies only when exposed to UV light. Furthermore, it is waterproof and weatherproof, and hence exposure to any condition will not hamper the product quality. You can use it to prevent leaks in aquariums or pools. The hardened plastic does not melt at all. Even when it dries, Bondic is very versatile. You can also paint on it, polish it, or mold it. Based on the number of layers of liquid applied, the area can be given a good shiny appearance with the help of sandpaper, and no one will ever know that it was broken.
- Safe – Bondic is a non-toxic and safe product. It removes the risk of burning as it doesn’t need heat like glue guns. You will not have problems when you use Bondic.
- Long Life – The typical glue generally sets when they are exposed to air. Despite closing the tube/can, the glue might dry out. This indicates that the sealant of the tube gets clogged easily and it gets tough to open it up. Bondic is a substance that dries up only when exposed to UV rays and hence it remains in liquid form in the tube for years together. The Bondic kit includes every tool you need to begin your repairs immediately.
- Strong Bond – Once the liquid gets cured under UV light, Bondic’s liquid plastic formula gives you a very strong hold that lasts forever.
- Does Not Dry – Bondic is not like glue. Hence it does not dry when it is in the bottle. It can be used for years.
Benefits of Bondic
Some of the benefits of using this product are:
- Bondic helps in replacing the missing pieces in any broken product quickly. It also ensures the bond created between the pieces is strong and long-lasting. It is a great filler.
- The liquid formula ensures that the materials that get fixed have a permanent bond.
- Bondic is not a sticky product and you can keep modifying the liquid on application to the material, till you are satisfied with the shape. Only once this is done, you can use UV light to bond the materials.
- The product is free of chemicals and is non-toxic, thereby being very safe to use.
- The product will be in liquid form always; it never dries out. It dries only when it gets exposed to UV light for 4 seconds.
- The liquid formula can be used on any material and any product.
Who can use Bondic?
Anybody using household items and they wish to own them for a long time, can use Bondic. Those with heirlooms and sentimental items can use the product, whenever such products get damaged due to small accidents. In short, everyone needs Bondic!
What Comes in the Starter Kit?
Before you buy Bondic, you should keep in mind that there are different kits available. The starter kit is the most basic and includes all of the following.
- Bondic bottle: The most important item in the starter kit is the bottle of Bondic. This bottle contains enough of the adhesive for multiple applications.
- Applicator tip: Your starter kit will also come with an applicator tip. This tip looks similar to those found on ballpoint pens. It allows you to apply a thin layer of the adhesive to any surface without wasting any.
- UV light tool: Unless you see the UV tool listed in the product description, you’ll want to order a different kit. Bondic will not work without this tool, but some kits require that you purchase the tool separately.
- Carrying case: The basic starter kit comes with a metal carrying case with a bright silver finish. This case is more than large enough inside to hold your Bondic and other supplies. It even has enough room for the UV tool, which ensures that you never lose it. You can store both the UV light and the bottle of adhesive together.
What all can be fixed using the Bondic?
Plastic welder usage is wide from plastic to metal. You can use it for water pipes, for car parts, for toys, for the craft. It is just you name it and it can be fixed by Bondic. Following are some of the uses mentioned of the welder-
- The welder is used to binding metals.
- It is used to fix the space between the plastic which can’t be fixed with normal glue.
- Welder helps to create strong bonds between things irrespective of the material.
Pros and Cons of Bondic
Are there side effects or any problems?
The only problem is that Bondic is not found in many households!! This amazing invention must be in every single house, in every town and every city. It is the best alternative to any other glue or glue gun available in the market. Once you buy Bondic and use it, you will not go back to the super glue. The results of Bondic will amaze you!
The Bondic package comes with a list of safety reminders as well as warnings. Any contact with eyes, skin or even inhalation of Bondic could be harmful. You can visit their website to check the full disclosure and all the precautionary measures to be followed.
How Does Bondic Work?
Bondic is very simple and anyone can easily use the product. You have to apply Bondic similarly to the way you apply glue on the material that you want to fix together. The liquid formula is just like that of superglue. Once this is done, you can wipe any excess, form it or even add extra layers of the liquid, till you start bonding the pieces together. Once this is completed, click the button which is on the tool, then wait for just 4 seconds.
You will observe that the liquid transforms into hard plastic. This creates a permanent and long-lasting bond. The manufacturer claims that this plastic is waterproof and weatherproof, thereby being extremely durable. You cannot find this liquid anywhere in the market, due to which the popularity of Bondic has increased.
It is very easy to use as it only requires the following four easy steps:
- Make a rough area where you’ll apply the bondic if you need permanent mend. If all you need is a temporary fix, let the area remain smooth.
- Apply sufficient amount on the part of the item you need to be fixed.
- Expose it to ultraviolet light for four seconds so that it can toughen.
What Comes in the Starter Kit?
Before buy Bondic, you should keep in mind that there are different kits available. The starter kit is the most basic and includes all of the following.
- Bondic bottle
- Applicator tip
- UV light tool
- Carrying case
How to Clean Skin if Welder gets it on?
This adhesive is easy to use but sometimes it get sticky on fingers. But unlike other adhesives, it is easy to remove. Follow the following instructions to clean the adhesive –
- Put the affected area under the water.
- Apply some mild soap over it.
- Rinse it with water again.
- If still, the glue is on apply the soap again
How much does it cost?
Bondic is the best product at the given price and the ongoing deals can get a Bondic Kit for as low as $19.99. And you can fix everything that you thought is not fixable.
Where to Buy Bondic?
Bondic is being sold in many different package configurations. The basic kit can be purchased on Amazon for less than $20. You can also pick up refills or larger sizes from the website of the manufacturer directly.
Testimonials from Other Users
My dad loves DIY and sometimes get frustrated when things don’t stick to where they are supposed to. So as a gift, I bought Bondic and introduced him to this device where he can stick everything that he wants to a surface effectively. He tried it immediately and was just so happy that the device actually works as advertise! He’s now planning to purchase more for himself and his other DIY friends! – Will, 30
I hate stick on hooks simply because they don’t stick. I searched for the best glue today and what I find is Bondic. Out of curiosity, I purchased one and when it arrived, I tested it out. After a day, I checked the hooks and they are still on the wall. I even tried hanging a 6 gallons of water bottle and the hook was still there! I surely am going to stick to this device! – Laura, 34
Frequently Asked Questions
There are mixed reviews about every product in the market and same goes for this glue. Some people said, it is working very well and rest doesn’t like it.
The UV Light present in the gadget makes it easier for the glue to settle. It merely takes 4 second in total!
It can be used on metal, wood, glass, plastic and ceramics among others. In fact, it supposedly pairs well with PVC tubing, Kevlar and even Polypropylene as long as the surfaces have been well prepared.
TIP: We highly recommend to take the 3 + 2 free package as this will replace all your glue work and you can give it as a gift to family and friends!