AirPhysio vs Acapella: Suddenly from the past 1 year, we all have been hearing the terms like “Lung Capacity”, “Airways”, “Mucus” isnt? Why wait for another virus to hit us back again. Why shouldnt we take all the precautions to make our body, respiratory system strong and healthy.
Yes, today we shall be discussing about the two most popular respiratory instruments and help you take a decision between the both. Yes, we are talking about AirPhysio and Acapella. Airphysio works on Oscillating Positive Expiratory Pressure system while Acapella works on Positive Expiratory Pressure. So, lets read the differences between the both and which one suits which kind of people.
AirPhysio vs Acapella
What Exactly is AirPhysio?
AirPhysio uses the Oscillating Positive Expiratory Pressure system (OPEP) to expand the lungs and remove mucus. It is developed in Australia and helps the body to clean the lungs with the natural cleansing method. It helps in increasing the lung capacity and also in the maintenance of lung hygiene. This amazing device helps in the prevention of atelectasis, restoration of lung capacity, facilitation of secretion mobilisation and in the prevention of atelectasis. The COVID patients can use it post recovery for faster recovery as it will help the lungs to start functioning normally.
How Does AirPhysio Work?
- Relax your body and take proper posture and position.
- Inhale more than your normal breath but do not fill your lungs completely with air.
- Hold your breath for 2-3 seconds.
- Now place the AirPhysio in your mouth and exhale through AirPhysio at a rate faste than your normal speed using the abdominal breathing. Remember do not completely empty the lungs.
- You can adjust the tilt of the device to maximise the vibrations within the chest and also keep your cheeks stiff.
- Repeat the steps from 2- 5 till 10 breaths.
Many people have seen a difference in their breathing just after first usage. Thus, we can confidently say that Airphysio is a highly efficient device.
What is Acapella?
Acapella is usually given to patients who have respiratory problems. It makes use of the Positive Expiratory Pressure (PEP) method to loosen the mucus from the lungs and eventually take it out. Acapella can be used at home without the administration of medical supervisor. It ca be used in any location and the patients can recline, sit, or walk freely while using Acapella in any position they are comfortable in.
How Does Acapella Work?
To use, simply—
- To use Acapella, breathe in and out of the valve of the device 5 times. Keeping your exhalations longer than your inhalations.
- You need to alternate between regular and slow breathe. After every exhalation, hold your breath for 2-3 seconds.
- After 5-6 exhalations, try to cough if you havnt done already, this will help to get rid of mucus.
- Repeat the steps from 1-3 till no further mucus is expelled, this shall take about 10-20 minutes.
This device is highly efficient in removing the mucus from the lungs.
Airphysio – Pros and Cons
- Recovery from diseases gets easier
- Easy and quick
- Unblocks airways
- Internationally award-winning
- Suitable for anyone from elderly to kids
- highly useful in Asthma
• can be heavy on the pocket
Acapella – Pros and Cons
- cheap compared to AirPhysio
- Can be used with Nebulizer or mask
- You do not need to remove it from the mouth
- Can be used anywhere
- Loosens mucus
• Not very attractive looking
Any of these instruments are a pleasure to use. However, AirPhysio enjoys a more vital prestige and confidence than Acapella. Additionally, AirPhysio utilizes OPEP technology, while Acapella utilizes PEP. AirPhysio is deemed superior to Acapella due to its OPEP technology. However, before using either of these products, you can check with your physician. Hope now you are clear with the differences between Airphysio vs Acapella.