AirBolt Smart Lock Review – Never Lose your Luggage Again
We all love to travel and when we travel, all our favorite and essential things make it to our luggage. At times, it is possible for luggage pieces to get misplaced, or even get stolen. This is the worst nightmare for any traveler as they lose out on all the essential as well as valuable belongings. In case you keep traveling on work and business, luggage is one area that can get you worked up. We constantly tend to check if the bags are intact and are safe when we travel. When on vacation, all we wish to do is enjoy and relax our mind and body rather than be worried about luggage getting lost and misplaced.
For all the travelers out there, you must get your hands on AirBolt Smart Lock. It is a device that will gradually be your partner on every travel trip. With an AirBolt Smart Lock, you can stop stressing about your bag or even the locker, irrespective of where you are – vacationing in Hawaii or hitting the gym. Our review on AirBolt Smart Lock will give you a detailed description of the product, the features and the benefits of having this device in your life.
What is an AirBolt Smart Lock?
AirBolt locks and unlocks the luggage using a free app on your phone itself. The main thing that differentiates Airbolt from other traditional locks is that you don’t have to carry a bunch of keys with you. This smart lock can be easily accessible with the phone app through Bluetooth. So sit back and relax your trip without worrying about your luggage being stolen.
Technology has brought us to an era of smartphones, devices managed by voice, smart gadgets to even Bluetooth controlled tech devices at your home. It also has given us travelers a device to make sure that luggage concerns take a backseat when we travel to work, hit the gym or go on a vacation. Technology has given us AirBolt Smart Lock which has made use of modern technology in the locking system. No traditional locking systems are used in this device. There is no need to memorize number combinations or keep track of keys when an AirBolt Smart Lock is used. Rather than using traditional methods, the smartphone will be used to access the lock.
This lock functions with the help of Bluetooth and the device has to be connected to a smartphone. This is how the lock will be secured and unlocked. AirBolt has a lot of smart features that make sure your belongings always remain safe and secure.
The device is compatible with iOS as well as Android and all it needs is the push of a button to lock and unlock.
The device comes with a free application and you can find this on the Play Stores – Google and Apple App Store. The app must be downloaded if you want to use the lock. The smart lock can be used on your gym bag, travel suitcase, purse, briefcase, the door or even a locker. In short, the AirBolt Smart lock can be paired with everything that can be used for storing things. Furthermore, the smart lock operates similarly to a tracker and it enables the user in locating their bags if they have forgotten about where the bag has been kept.
Features of AirBolt Smart Lock System
- Modern Technology – The AirBolt Smart lock has made use of modern technology and does not use traditional locking methods. The lock can be operated through the mobile app and Bluetooth facility on the smartphone. It is compatible with Android as well as iOS.
- No need for keys or codes – On using conventional methods of locking, there is a need to memorize codes or write them down or you have to keep track of all your keys. Additionally, having many keys can be quite confusing and chaotic when you have to find the right key to open your luggage or locker. With AirBolt smart lock, you will not need codes or keys. The device can be managed and accessed through the free mobile application and in case the phone gets lost or faces problems, you are provided with backup codes for the lock.
- Many Locks – Yes. You can get numerous locks for your bags, purse, suitcases, lockers, etc. All you require is the mobile application to track all your locks.
- Access can be shared – No matter how many people use the smart lock, the access of the AirBolt Smart lock can be shared with any family member or friend who uses the lock. The settings of the lock-related to security and permissions have to be configured using the mobile application.
- Alarm Alert – The Airbolt Smart lock is a Bluetooth lock and comes with the alarm feature that alerts you whenever anybody tried to steal the luggage. This feature is quite helpful as you need not constantly keep a watch on your belongings.
- Notifications on Unlocking – The lock has a feature where the user is notified whenever the smart lock is being unlocked and it also gives you the duration for which the luggage has stayed unlocked. Additionally, you also get the location of your bag when it is being unlocked.
- The AES 128 bit encryption – The AirBolt Smart lock includes AES 128 bit encryption, which is similar to what is being used by various banks to protect their money and data. This feature ensures your luggage is secure at all times. Whenever you use your phone to unlock this device, after a specific amount of time, the device gets locked again, and in this manner, it helps prevent accidental unlocking. AirBolt is a lightweight device. It also won the Good Design Awards held in Australia in the year 2017, because of its aesthetic appeal.
- Approved by TSA – The AirBolt smart lock has got the approval of the TSA. TSA also has its own special key that permits them to unlock the luggage or locker or purse, and the like.
- No Power – The battery of the AirBolt Smart lock is rechargeable. So, even if the lock has many features, there is no need to make use of power for its smooth operation. The battery can be charged just once in a year and you are good to go. The device comes with its own micro USB cable for charging purposes.
Design and Specifications of AirBolt
AirBolt lock is 4.8 ounces in weight and of dimensions 2.8 x 0.8x 2.8 inches. The lock is made up of die-cast Zinc and stainless steel material. Stainless steel is very strong that why it is used in the locking mechanism. The lock comes in a variety of colors such as grey, pink, blue, green, etc.
|Product Dimensions||2.8 x 0.8 x 2.8 inches|
|Item Weight||4.8 ounces|
|Manufacturer||AirBolt: The Truly Smart Travel Lock|
|Battery||1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (included)|
Here’s a summary of AirBolt’s Benefits
- Unlocks with Phone (No Keys!): The AirBolt is a Bluetooth enabled travel lock so you’ll never need to worry about losing your combinations or keys again.
- Long-Lasting Battery: AirBolt’s battery life is astoundingly long despite the fact the device remains on constantly. Dependent upon how often you travel or use the device, you may only need to charge it once a year. It comes with a micro USB cable.
- Weather Resistant: This stroke of genius has been manufactured using tough and weather-resistant material, which explains its impressive durability. Rainfall is not a problem.
- 100% TSA accepted: The AirBolt is officially TSA approved and meets all relevant legislative requirements for the device to be flight-ready. AirBolt also comes with a timed Airplane mode that allows you to turn off the BT transmitter for a specific amount of time amidst flights.
- Shared Access: you can grant access to everyone else so you won’t be the only person managing the luggage situation. If something shady happens, you can always check the lock’s access history within the app to find out who the culprit is.
- Extremely Secure: The AirBolt utilizes a state-of-the-art Bluetooth LE chipset and is secured using AES 128-bit industry-leading encryption which provides ample security. When you unlock the device from your mobile phone, it will relock itself after a specified period of time if you do not remove it, preventing accidental unlocking. Moreover, In fact, the device won the 2017 Good Design Awards in Australia thanks to its hard to beat aesthetic appeal. Welcome to the future, my friend!
How Does the AirBolt Smart Lock Work?
AirBolt is controlled with a phone through Bluetooth. The app is compatible with both android and iOS operating systems. Follow the following instructions to install the app and sync it with the smart lock-
- Install the app on your phone and connect it through Bluetooth.
- Select the options for unlocking your smart lock from Password, tap on the Unlock button, Add the device as a trusted source and unlock the smart lock when it comes in its vicinity.
- There is a feature on the smart lock to notify the app if the distance is more than the specified.
- There is a sharp alarm which went off when your luggage has been taken off by somebody else.
- Timely check for the power of the smart lock.
Setting up this device is very easy and simple. The user must download the app and install it on their smartphone – Android or iPhone. Post this the user has to create an account on it after which they can manage and control the smart lock. The setup has to be completed so that the lock identifies the main owner device and unlocks and locks accordingly. Once the setup is complete, the lock can be used to lock the luggage, locker, etc., and the user can control the lock from anywhere.
The AirBolt Smart lock should be paired via Bluetooth to the user’s smartphone. This is essential for the functioning of the lock. One can also track this lock to its original owner and it is helpful when belongings are lost or misplaced. There is an LED light on the lock to indicate pairing with the smartphone. This keeps the connecting and reconnecting process as simple as possible.
How To Setting up AirBolt?
Setting up AirBolt is pretty straightforward. Simply download the application from App Store or Play Store, install it in your phone, and open it to sign up for an account.
Once you’ve created the account, you need to set up the device by pairing it with your handset. To do this, hold both the left and right buttons on your AirBolt for a few seconds to wake it up and follow the prompts.
AirBolt will require you to turn on your phone’s Bluetooth signal so the device can pair and connect to your phone automatically.
Download The FREE App
Download The AirBolt App for your device today!
This is your passport to your AirBolts and will be how to manage, control, share and use your devices.
AirBolt Smart Lock does not come with a very flexible refund policy. In case there are issues with the lock, you can send it back within a period of 30 days from purchasing the lock. Also, this is possible only if the package has not been opened and it has to be an unused state. The lock has to be sent back in the same condition as it was sent to you. The refund policy is not very promising!
AirBolt Smart Lock – Pros and Cons
- The smart lock makes use of modern technology
- There is no need to memorize codes and keep a bunch of keys
- The lock comes with a braided cable of stainless steel which is well-protected.
- It has its very own smartphone application which is available on Android or iOS free of cost
- The smart lock is approved by TSA
- Exceptional security is offered by this gadget
- The lock comes with the body of zinc die-cast
- It has LED indicators to indicate the connection to Bluetooth
- It has an alarm feature that alerts the user in case anyone tries to unlock
- Access to the lock can be shared with family or friends
- It acts as a GPS tracker for your luggage
- Best suited for travelers or those who have a lot of locks to take care of
- The manual unlocking feature is available which helps when the phone is drained out of battery
- Sometimes the signal interference of this lock slows down the performance of the app.
The AirBolt retails at $78.99. You can purchase this device from the official website – getairbolt.io. When you purchase from the official website, you get some great deals and discounts in case you buy in bulk. For instance, if you are buying 2 AirBolt devices, you will be given one device free of cost and so on. Also, you can return the product in 30 days of purchase, in case the device is defective and is in unused condition. A 1-year warranty is also offered by the manufacturer.
Frequently Asked Questions
You, you can. The AirBolt and modern phones use Bluetooth 4.0 connection which allows them to be connected.
Yes. It is entirely free and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store and the iOS App Store.
When that happens, all you need to do is sign in to your companion app, and you can change a bunch of settings regarding privacy and security, which includes your back up button code.
The AirBolt will flash different colors depending on how you use it, so you know it’s working.
Here’s what the various colors signals mean:
1. One Blue Flash & Beep – A button was pressed.
2. Continuous Blue Flashing – AirBolt is connected to your phone and is awaiting further action on the app.
3. Multiple Quick Yellow Flashes – No response received from phone/no action is required.
4. 2 Green Flashes – AirBolt has been unlocked.
5. 3 Red Flashes – AirBolt has been locked.
6. Continuous Red Flashing – AirBolt is low on battery.
7. Continuous White Flashing – AirBolt is plugged in and charging.
8. Continuous White Flashing & Beep – AirBolt alarm has been activated.
We ship orders out FAST, but we can’t control carrier transit times. For orders outside the USA, please allow 7-12 business days for your order to arrive. Delivery times will vary based on country.
Yes. With the crowdsourcing feature, any time someone with their AirBolt app comes close to your AirBolt lock, you can see your locks last known location on the map within the AirBolt app.
Want to quickly find your luggage on the carousel in baggage claim? Just open the app on your phone and sound the chime on your AirBolt so you can quickly identify your bag, grab it and go!
AirBolt Smart Lock is a device that is great for travelers, and people who have many locks and keys to manage. It ensures your luggage is safe whenever you are commuting or traveling. In addition to this, you need not remember all the codes and you do not have to number code your keys! The device also comes with manual unlocking which is helpful when your phone gets switched off due to no charge or there are issues with the Bluetooth. This lock has some amazing features such as long battery life, smart mechanism of locking and unlocking, TSA approval, shared access, and the in-built tracker. You can use this lock to take care of your briefcases, purses, lockers, etc. AirBolt Smart Lock should be on your list if you want your belongings to be safe at all times!